Monday, June 30, 2014

Day 24 - 30 June, Monday, Outside of Grand Rapids, MI - Dewitt, MI (35 Miles)

     Last night Sara picked me up in Ludington, MI when the ferry came in and drove me to their house in Belmont, MI.  Nick was there with Brandon and Jordan making dinner.  We had smoked beef brisket and smoked pork butt in his new smoker...it was great.  I plan on buying one of those smokers.  I can't beleive that I didn't take any pictures.
     This morning Sara gave me a ride out of the Grand Rapids area.  This would alow me to have a lower mileage day to give my legs a break.
     Thanks Nick and Sara!!!
     The ride today was good the weather was overcast and the humidity was high.  I made it to Dewitt, MI which is just north of Lansing, MI.  I'm staying at the Sleep Inn in Dewitt.  Oh yeah I left all of my camping gear with Nick and Sara since the remainder of the trip I will be staying at hotels.
     Tomorrow I plan to have a full day of riding (50 miles) to Fenton, MI.  That will leave my last riding day on Wednesday make it to the cottage!


 As we pulled into Ludington looking out at Lake Michigan


                                             A bike trail that I was on for a few mile



                                                      Portland River





No comments:

Post a Comment