Monday, June 23, 2014

Day 17 - 23 June, Monday, St Croix River - Menomonie, WI (55 Miles)

     Today's ride was great!  Brian gave me a ride out of the Twin Citys so that I didn't have to contend with the morning traffic.  He dropped me off just over the St Croix River.  The ride in Wisconsin is very hilly...a lot of ups and downs.  Overalll I climbed 1700 ft and decended 1700 ft.  The weather was a little warm but not too bad...I think it got up to about 93 degrees.  The roads were pretty good...not much traffic so I ended up riding further than expected.  That could have also been because I had two days rest.
     Since it wasn't raining when I got into Menomonie, WI I decided to camp.  I am camping at the Twin Springs Campground.  This is a very nice campground just 2 miles outside of the city.  It is right on Lake Tainter.
     Tomorrow I plan to ride to Stanley, WI.  Hopefully I'm not wet when I wake up!


                                                         Minneapolis



                                                        Making Cheese


                                                I think he knew I was from California


                                                         Llama Farm




                                           My camp at Twin Springs Campground




1 comment:

  1. Just got thru watching the Detroit River fireworks show, they did a great job!

    You're getting close, Tom!

    Hey, I wouldn't ware that bright red jersey thru "dairy country"...you're starting to excite the bulls!
    You're already starting to get a few looks...!

    ReplyDelete