Thursday, June 12, 2014

Day 6 - 12 June Thursday, Twisp, WA - Omak, WA (38 Miles)

     Today was another tough day for me on the bike.  The milage was low but I had to climb another pass (Loup Loup Pass).  You would think that I would be in shape by now but no...I had to take many rest stops.  Oh well I'm just going to go at my pace...this is not a race.  
     When I got into Omak I stopped at a Rancho Chico Mexican Restaurant to eat before I set up camp. I am camping in a city park and am now sitting in my tent and it is thunder storming....at least I'm dry.  They have showers so I was able to shower before the rain started.  They also have WIFI!
     Today's ride I saw a definite change in the landscape.  There are less and less trees and warmer (100 degrees today).  It's amazing that just two days ago I was in the snow.
     Tomorrow I plan to ride to Tonasket and get a hotel room.
     

                                                  They must have had a big fire here.


                                           In and out of Okanogan National Forest


                                  That's me in the orange jersey...I'm wiped out!


                                                   Landscape east of the passes


                Arrozo con pollo...very good!






7 comments:

  1. Tom, looks like your eating pretty good, need the energy.

    Joe D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe, looks like your eating pretty good too!

      Delete
  2. Tom,
    Your trip has inspired me to dust off my mountain bike and go for a ride,
    So I went for a 4 mile loop around the neighborhood last night.
    Today it hurts to sit down, so I have to ask, how the heck is your arse (family blog)
    holding up? Do you still have any feeling left!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My butt isn't hurting that much...I wear padded briefs.

      Delete
  3. Good job Tom. that pass has a steep grade up and down. hopefully your front wheel wasn't wiggling on the downhill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My wheel wasn't wiggling but I may have been a little shaky...going downhill at 35 mph is scary!

      Delete