Saturday, June 7, 2014

Day 1 - 7 June, Saturday Everett, WA - Mt. Vernon, WA (64 Miles)

     The excitement of day 1 was soon diminissed when I went to pick my bike up and found out the it was damaged during shipment.  It was my fault, when I took the handlebars off I didn't prepare the headset properly and it damaged the bearings.  Jason at Tim's Bike Shop was great and replaced it for me.  I was able to get the bike packed and hit the road by 10am. 
     The other problem that I had was that I needed propane fuel for my Jetboil stove (like I need more weight).  This stove is meant more for emergencies.  So I found out that I would have to take a 15 mile detour in order to get the fuel at Cabela's, a huge outdoor store.  I wish I had more time to look through the store, I could have spend a few hours there.
     Most of the day I was on the Centennial Trail.  This is a really nice trail that keeps you off of the roads.  It was a beautiful day and there were a lot of people biking, jogging and walking on the trail but know one caring as much weight as I was.
     My plan for tonight was to camp but I couldn't find a campground so I'm at a Day's Inn.  Probably a good idea for my first day that ended up riding more miles than planned.


                                         Fully Loaded Bike



                                             Stillaguamish River


                                                   Cenntenial Trail Bridge over Stillaguamish River



1 comment: