Saturday, June 14, 2014

Day 8 - 14 June, Saturday, Tonasket, WA - Wauconda, WA (24 Miles)

     Today's ride was all up hill.  I actually felt pretty strong today...maybe I'm starting to get in shape or it could have be the thought that my friend John would meet me today.  I climbed 2800 ft to Wauconda, WA where John caught up with me.  He gave me a ride from Wauconda to Colville which saved me a day and got me over the last big pass in Washington (Sherman Pass).  That saved my knee and gave me a boost in morale.
     We got a room at Benny's Colville Inn.  Benny was a big fisherman and the lobby has his fish on display.  Tomorrow I plan to ride to Ione, WA where we will camp.  John will drive ahead and find a campground and have a cold drink ready for me when I arrive.


                                     Around every curve it was another up hill stretch


                              He has Direct TV and is probably watching the Open!


                                                     John saves the day!



                                                           A lot of lumber!


                                                  Some of Benny's many fish





9 comments:

  1. Hey Tom,
    Scotty here, glad to hear you have a spotter.
    We're all rooting for you & the cause!
    "Godspeed ".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tom,
    So fun to follow you on your journey!!!
    The pictures you are posting are awesome:)
    We are thinking about you a lot and praying for a save journey.
    Happy Father's Day!!!
    XO Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow,another miraculous day! Your pictures are so beautiful Tom! Thank you to John! What a great friend! I am so happy he will be with you this week, Look forward to reading your blog every morning, You are awesome! HAPPY FATHERS DAY! Love you. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a good man, John!
    Keep our friend on his mission!
    That's a heck of a stack of logs,
    I'm surprised there's any forest left!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Father's Day!
    Hope you're enjoying the sights as well as we are.
    You're going through some beautiful parts of the country.
    Good luck!

    David Scott

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep posting the great pictures!
    It's fun following you while I'm sitting down having a cold one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tom. I am now addicted to your blog. It's the first thing i read in the morning. What an awesome journey! and the pictures are wonderful. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tom,
    Good to hear your morale is up.
    Kudos to John for all that he is doing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Following your blog and cheering you on. We will be posting information at the Brain Injury Center WALK and ROLL in Oxnard this Sunday as we circle the track at Oxnard High School 1 - 3. As you push yourself and treasure the support of good friends and family I recall how important these supports are to our many survivors who push themselves over many grades to reach their maximum in life after brain injury. Onward!!!

    ReplyDelete