Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Day 5 - 11 June Wednesday, Mazama, WA - Twisp, WA (25 Miles)

     Today was meant to be a rest day.  I needed the rest as well as take care of few things like laundry, visit the Post Office and the Bike Shop.  I had a leasurly breakfast at the Country Inn before I hit the road around 10:30.  I stopped in Winthrop at Methow Cycle because my rear break started making a clicking noise at high speeds (up to 35 mph) coming down the pass...that's scary going that fast with limited brakes.  He put my bike up on the rack and found a spur on my rim...something I must have picked up while using the brakes.  He was able to remove it...very friendly people.  He also gave me an alternative route to Twisp that had less traffic as well as hotel and restaurant recommendation.  When I got to Twisp I went to the Post Office to send a few items home that I can live without.  I checked into the Idle-A-While Motel in Twisp.  Tomorrow my plan is to ride to Omak, WA.
     In an earlier post I mentioned that the local newspaper was doing an article on my ride and I would put a link on the blog.  Well it turns out you need to be a subscriber to read the online article.  So Jared sent me a picture of the article below.



                                                     The Bike Shop that helped me out.


                 On the way to Twisp I passed the Smoke Jumpers Base, the first.


                                                    Methow River


             In the parking lot of the hotel I'm staying at in Twisp...there are deer all over.




6 comments:

  1. Good job, Jared!
    Tom, the trip is looking awesome!
    Hey, send me the address of that motel,
    I think I'm going to hunt there this fall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom - I work with Ann and she shared your blog with me. I am in awe of your courage to take on such an adventure. Thanks for sharing your stories and letting us live vicariously through your bravery! Best wishes for a safe journey and keep writing! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you took a little break Tom:) I know Mom and Dad are watching over you...but be careful! Look forward to your blogs every day:) Love you!! Ann xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom, you are the man, what a trip so far. Oh yea, by the way this is David Saroli, my wife is Susan, we are Ann and Steve's friends and I work with Ann. I see everyone is sending you mushy nice notes, let's try a different motivational approach. Get up, suck it up, get your ass on that seat and start peddling. LOL. Oh yea you need a SPOT so Ann stops worrying about where you are....she is driving me nuts LOL

    ReplyDelete