Monday, June 16, 2014

Day 10 - 16 June, Monday, Sandpoint, ID - Heron, MT (38 Miles)

     My legs were really sore all night and I didn't sleep well.  When I got up it was raining and cold outside.  It was difficult to get out on the road but once I got started I was fine.  What kept me going was the scenery.  Everywhere I looked was like a post card.  The pan handle of Idaho is beautiful!  Very nice houses and towns with lots of trees, lakes, rivers and mountains.  This made riding in the rain bearable.
     After my ride John picked me up and we drove to Libby, MT (we crossed into Mountain Time Zone).  On the way we stopped at Kootenai Falls Park.  They had this swinging bridge there that we crossed....really cool.
     Tomorrow I plan to ride to Eureka, MT and then we will drive across the Continental Divide.  It sure is great to have John as my support!  Thanks John!!!


                                              Leaving Sandpoint, ID (Lake Pend Oreille)



                                                          Taking a break


                                                   Clark Fork, ID





                                                       Swinging Bridge












2 comments:

  1. Good progress Tom...It should be mostly downhill from there. I hear there are some nice golf courses in Whitefish, MT. You may want to talk John into taking a day off and get in 18? Stay safe.
    Bob Gassman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your Blog! Your pictures are awesome. Be careful and enjoy the country side. What a great adventure your having. Krissie and Kevin

    ReplyDelete