Sunday, June 8, 2014

Day 2 - 8 June, Sunday Mt Vernon, WA - Concrete, WA (35 Miles)

     Today I planned for a shorter day.  Yesterday I spent too many hours on the bike.  The ride was nice .  The weather was a little cooler than yesterday but very comfortable for biking.  I followed the Skagit River for most of the ride.  The Skagit River is very wide and a lot of water is moving with a pretty good current.
     The campground that I stopped at is called Eagle Nest Motel and RV Campground.  When I checked in for a campsite the manager said that the facilities were out of order so he would give me a room key to use the restroom and shower.  Not bad for $10....I am camping right on the Skagit River.  They have a gazebo to put my bike under in case of rain and a fire pit with wood.  The forcast does say a chance of rain tonight.


                               Break for a Protein Bar next to the Skagit River



                                                               It is Sunday













9 comments:

  1. Tom,

    My Aries brother, I hope your spirits stay high and your focus is clear throughout your EXTRAORDINARY journey! I am almost certain that you are having conversations with Mom and Dad during your brave with a purpose excursion. We all love and admire your dedication for following your dream! B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom
    keep working. just think about it you are closer to Michigan than you were at the start of day 1 . we are all rooting for you here in the 805 and im keeping people updated on facebook they all want to hear your success. keep working. #805Proud
    Abel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom,
    It looks like you are traveling through some beautiful country. What a great way to clear one's mind. I was trying to figure out where you would fit a bottle of propane on the bike! I hope you are having a spectacular experience. We are all living vicariously through you! Keep the rubber side down and enjoy.

    Kurt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job Tom, you've made real progress. you need to pick better towns to stay in rather than "Concrete". I suggest "Beer, WA", or "Margarita, WA". just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hat is off to you , Tom
    Keep posting the pictures, looks like you'll be passing through some nice areas.
    I've got a cold one waiting for you here in Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tom,
    I hope you've got a good seat!
    Keep on trucking, I mean biking!
    Looking forward to seeing you here in Michigan.

    Scotty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Tom, good luck we'll be thinking about you all the way. When you get to Michigan next month let me know which cities you'll be stopping at. I'll DRIVE to you.

    Joe D

    ReplyDelete