Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Day 18 - 24 June, Tuesday, Menomonie, WI - Cadott, WI (46 Miles)

     No rain last night!!  Broke camp at Twin Springs Campground at about 0800.  Made coffee and oatmeal with my Jetboil stove.  The sky was clear and the temp was starting to increase so I got on the road to get my ride done early.  I road on country roads all day passing many farms through rolling hills.  It was a very peaceful and scenic ride.  After noon the temperature got up to 100 degrees.  By the time I pulled into Cadott, WI I was pretty wiped out.  I checked into the Countryside Motel in Cadott, WI.  There is a restuarant across the street so I won't have to ride to get food.
     Tomorrow I plan to ride to Abbotsford, WI.


                                                         Cedar Falls 


                                                      Cedar Falls


                                          I think they are growing beans here


                                                    Country road


                                                        Country Road



                                                   Still making cheese


                                                        Lake Wissota


                                                   Another cheese store!






3 comments:

  1. It goes without saying Tom, but surely you have a sincere appreciation for how large our nation is and how diverse. You're really blessed to have made this journey, even with all it's challenges. Thank you again for your inspiration.
    - CAPT O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom, here's a saved round. Have you used the solar charger thing yet, how did it perform?
    - CAPT O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Captain!
    No I haven't had to use my solar charger...it turns out that most places...even campgrounds have power. Just added weight to make the ride more chanllenging!

    ReplyDelete