Friday, June 27, 2014

Day 21 - 27 June, Friday, Weston, WI - Clintonville, WI (53 Miles)

     Today I woke to a pouring rain.  I was thinking about changing my plan but decided to have breakfast first...by the time I finished eating the rain slowed to a drizzle.  So I decided to press ahead...I didn't put on all of my rain gear hoping that it would stop.  Well the rain got worse as I rode...I was in a pretty good down pour for a couple of hours.
     My garmin took me on a trail for 10 miles...I think it was a snow machine trail.  It wasn't paved and the grass was long and wet.  The good things about the trail were not cars or trucks, no dogs, a lot of deer and it was relatively flat.
     I checked into the Cobblestone Inn & Suites in Clintonville, WI.  Tomorrow I plan to ride to Little Chute, WI.  I also made reservations for Sunday on the SS Badger that leaves out of Manitowoc, WI and will take me to Ludington, MI.  When I get into Ludington, MI on Sunday night Nick and Sara will pick me up and I will stay the night with them at their house in Belmont, MI.


                                                    I liked this house


                            This is the beginning of the trail I was on for 10 miles!


                                                             A lot of deer!!


                                                          In the middle of nowhere








2 comments:

  1. That looks like a cool trail to ride on!
    Tom, I've been keeping my mother updated on your journey, she sends her blessings. She wrote me a check to donate for the cause (she doesn't have a computer) I asked her if she wanted me to say anything on your blog and she said to say that the Kenneth Heier family is familiar with brain injury (my dad contracted encephalitis when I was very young) You probably don't realize how many people appreciate what you're doing, Tom.
    Keep up the good work! Stay safe!
    John Heier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Tell you mom thank you for the support!!

    ReplyDelete