Friday, June 13, 2014

Day 7 - 13 June Friday, Omak, WA - Tonasket, WA ( 28 Miles)

     It rained all night...luckily I stayed dry in my tent.  There was no sign of the rain stopping at 7am and I didn't want to spend the day in my tent so I broke camp in the rain (not fun).  On the road the ride went well except for the steady rain I had to ride through all day.  When I got into Tonasket I was soaked and was able to get a room at the Junction Bunkhouse Motel.  Finally drying out a little.  Not many pictures today because of the rain.
     I have been having pain in my left knee cap...I'm pretty sure it's nothing serious just over use.  My concern is that I have two passes to cross in the next two day.  I don't want to jeopardize the rest of my trip so I need to figure out how to give it a rest.  My good friend John offered to fly up and act as a support vehicle for me for the next week!  That will help me get the relief I need for my knee.  It will also be great to have Jonh's company....thanks John!!
     Tomorrow I have Wauconda Pass and when John meets up with me we will probably make it to Colville, WA.


                                             They didn't seem to mind the rain.






5 comments:

  1. Sounds like those passes are tuff, take it slow.

    Joe D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice of John! I am sure you probably strained your knee. I hops it feels better...be careful. It will be nice to know you are not alone going through those passes. What an experience you are having ! My thoughts are with you always..can't believe how beautiful your pictures are...Love you..xo. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey buddy,
    I sure hope you have another friend named John.
    I was drinking last night...can't remember everything...did I tell you I was going to meet you somewhere...?
    Oh boy!

    ReplyDelete