Sunday, June 29, 2014

Day 23 - 29 June, Sunday, Little Chute, WI - Manitowic, WI (50 Miles)

     Today when I woke up early I heard the rain.  It was pouring...I decided to get ready to ride with the hope that it would let up.  By the time I was ready to go around 6:45am the rain did slow down.  So I donned my rain gear and left my room which was on the thrid floor.  The lights in the hallway were out which was a bit strange...when I got to the elevator it wasn't working.  Turns out they had a power failure and I had to take my loaded bike down three flights of stairs!!  What a way to start the day!
     So the reason why I had to get an early start is because I wanted to make sure I was on time for the 2pm ferry across Lake Michigan.  The weather was cloudy and threatening rain for the whole ride...it seemed that I was running from the storm.  I never got rained on and made really good time.  By the time I got to Manitowoc I saw the SS Badger pulling in from Ludington.  I had time to have lunch before boarding the boat.
     When I get to Ludington, MI Sara will be picking me up and taking me to their house in Belmont, MI.  Nick will be preparing dinner in his new smoker...sounds good!  I think Brandon and Jordan may be joining us at Nick and Sara's house.  I haven't planned out the next phase of the trip but I am thinking it should take me 3 or 4 days to get to Metemora, MI....my final destination.


                                                 Memorial outside my hotel



                                                   Kaukauna Dam


                                                         Fox River


                My garmin took me on this dirt path...good thing it was only one mile!


                                        Looks like someone was having fun!!


                                               SS Badger pulling into Manitowoc,WI


                                                     Manitowoc, WI


                                         Took a break when I got to Lake Michigan


                                    This sign on a bench caught my attention....


                                                   SS Badger in port


                                                       Finally leaving Wisconsin!


                                           Lighthouse leaving Manitowoc











No comments:

Post a Comment