Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Day 25 - 1 July, Tuesday, Dewitt, MI - Fenton, MI (55 Miles)

    Today was a little cooler with a misty rain for the first 2 hours of the ride.  Most of the ride was on a two lane country road that had a lot of traffic.  There was no bike lane so cars had to go around me...this makes it more difficult to ride.  Even in these conditions I was able to average 12 mph...so I made pretty good time.
     I pulled into the Comfort Inn & Suites in Fenton, MI about 1pm.  Rob came by the hotel after work and picked me up to eat at the Sagebrush Cantina in Fenton.  Carol and Tony were on their way home from up north and stopped in to eat with us.  We watched the US play in the World Cup and ate.
     Tormorrow will be my last riding day!!  I plan to finish the trip at the family cottage in Metemora, MI.







                                      Highland Hills Golf Course in Dewitt, MI






3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!

    Tom, you made it! I know it's a little early but by the time you read this you should be at your cottage and I'm gone for the weekend so I needed to say this now.
    I'm a little sad that your journey is almost over, it was a fun ride!
    You paced yourself well. Good job!

    So....on your return trip....will you be taking the same way back.....?!!!!
    Just kidding! Hopefully we can get together and play some golf while your here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Tom, get some rest,call or text when you get in.
    Joe D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Tom! Can't wait to see you on Saturday! Get some rest,,,You are the best!! Love you, Ann xoxo

    ReplyDelete