Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Day 26 - 2 July, Wednesday, Fenton, MI - Metemora, MI (40 Miles)

     This is my last riding day!  It's been a great adventure but my legs can use a rest.  The weather was good to ride but garmin took me on some gravel roads that were just treated with calcium chloride.  That made the road soft and muddy so decided to reroute using the highway vs the dirt roads.  This made my ride a little longer with more traffic but it was better than the soft wet gravel roads.
     As I was getting close to the cottage Rinaldo a kids saw me and pulled over to say hello.  They were headed to the cottage to meet me as I finished.
     Coming down the last hill to the cottage there was a group of family waiting to meet me as I finished my trip.  It was very nice to see everyone and to be finished with this very challenging adventure!
     I plan to take a few days to reflect on my trip and then I will make a final post with my final thoughts and lessons leaned on the trip.  
     Thank you to all for supporting and following my adventure!  It really made a difference to know that I had so many people pulling for me.  Also thanks to everyone who donated to the Brain Injury Center!



                                                               Dirt Road!


                                                   The welcome gang!


                                                           I made it!!!!





5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Tom! I love your jump for joy photo! What a great accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good, we can all get back to work now rather then worrying about you or wishing we were there. Congratulation, well done. The next time I hope to be retired and we can travel from California to Alaska!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Tom! What an adventure. Enjoy your time at the "cottage" with your family. Looking forward to hearing your stories. Krissie and Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Tom!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Tom!! What an amazing adventure for a great cause. We enjoyed following your posts and seeing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete